DIR-F....I give up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought FL was having some major issues recently with the waters being all churned up and cruddy viz? I was toying with the idea of a trip to the Keys within the next 2 months, but if it is bad there, I don't want to waste the money.

The lesson here is:

Never give up on Anything until you have asked ScubaBoard for help!

Derek S:
I thought FL was having some major issues recently with the waters being all churned up and cruddy viz? I was toying with the idea of a trip to the Keys within the next 2 months, but if it is bad there, I don't want to waste the money.
It's guaranteed to be better than around here! :wink:

Spectre:
It's guaranteed to be better than around here! :wink:

I agree, but I can dive around here for free every weekend. I don't have to spend $500-$1,000 for a week's worth of diving in marginally better conditions (albeit much warmer) than I am currently.

Ok, I've gotten some wonderfull suggestions, both here and on quest. While I had wanted to combine my DIR with a vacation to Mexico, I'm going to bite the bullet and fly *somewhere* for a course.

However, I've gotten so many suggestions between the two boards/lists, that my head is spinning. So if you're going to fly somewhere and choose the DIR-F instructor of your choice, who would you chose?

Inquriring minds want to know....

James

P.S. Should I start a poll?

James Goddard:
Ok, I've gotten some wonderfull suggestions, both here and on quest. While I had wanted to combine my DIR with a vacation to Mexico, I'm going to bite the bullet and fly *somewhere* for a course.

However, I've gotten so many suggestions between the two boards/lists, that my head is spinning. So if you're going to fly somewhere and choose the DIR-F instructor of your choice, who would you chose?

James

Mike Kane, Brandon and Scot.

I've heard good things about Bob Sherwood and Tyler Moon also.

James Goddard:
So if you're going to fly somewhere and choose the DIR-F instructor of your choice, who would you chose?
Brando and MHK taught my class and I wouldn't hesitate to take another class with them. That said, if I were going to fly somewhere for a class it would have to be somewhere in Florida. I can't see spending the time or money to dive in a mud hole unless that was the only option.

James Goddard:
Um... no!

David Sweetin will be doing one here in NC the last week of June.

Jason

James Goddard:

James

Well, I can endorse Brando from personal experience.

But I still think you should come to Seattle. Not only would you get to take the class, but then you'd have lots of DIR trained ScubaBoard dive buddies to show you around ... :eyebrow: You'd even have a place to stay ... my place or Uncle Pug's (I'm closer to 5th D).

Joe Talavera comes up here to teach DIR-F regularly.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom