DIR Friendly Florida Keys Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaGypsy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm heading down to the Florida Keys (Key Largo and Key West) in February and want to bring my DIR kit including doubles. I'm looking to dive the Spiegel Grove and Vandenberg. Are there specific charters that go out to these wrecks that are not cattle boats and allow doubles? Since I don't have a wetsuit anymore, I'm also thinking of using my trilaminate drysuit, is this overkill?

I'm loving diving warm water dry. And I second getting hold of Chris Brown of Silent World; if he isn't running a charter, he'll know who to recommend.

+1 for Chris at Silent World

Yup. He is a GUE Affiliate shop.

Also check with Conch Republic. I've been on the bot before with guys who were using doubles and rebreathers.

Come visit us at Silent World. We gladly welcome your doubles and dry suit. If you need a guide/ buddy for a deco dive no problem, I know every hallway room and hole in that wreck. You will not find a cattle boat at our dock. 12 divers max, in feb you can expect less than that.

Come visit us at Silent World. We gladly welcome your doubles and dry suit. If you need a guide/ buddy for a deco dive no problem, I know every hallway room and hole in that wreck. You will not find a cattle boat at our dock. 12 divers max, in feb you can expect less than that.

What about GUE Fundie training?

Not sure on the specific training schedule. You would have to call the shop for that. I'm either in the water, on the boat, or of course filling gas :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom