DIR Fundamentals in Colorado (New Mexico)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roakey

Old, not bold diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK, I’m now officially in the exploration phase of bringing a DIRF class to the Colorado/New Mexico/Northwest Texas area. I have absolutely no details, I’m only in the process of contacting instructors, finding out what’s required, etc.

Pie-in-the-sky thinking puts it in the September/early October or late November time frame, Friday-Sunday (all full days) down at Blue Hole in Santa Rosa New Mexico. Cost $200-$300 (it’d be run at-cost with me paying my way as well -- heck, I’m bringing it in because I want to take it too!).

Hopefully by putting it in Santa Rosa it’ll be available to some of the Northwest Texas folks too.

The DIR fundamentals class is for recreational through highly technical divers. If you’ve got so called “technical” gear (doubles, etc.) you’ll learn to use it. If you’re a recreational diver you’ll learn how to use the gear you have -- each student is challenged individually to reach the peak of his or her ability and know how to achieve even more with practice.

For more information on the class see: http://www.gue.com/classroom/standards/gue_rec_student.pdf

If folks have suggestions for dates or anything, now’s the time to email me at the address below (please use my normal email, not scubaboard’s mailer).

Roak

Count three from New Mexico!

So that's CO, and NM, do I hear Texas :)

Jeez, with three from NM we're up to six without even trying yet!

My biggest fear was getting a minimum of 10. If it continues like this I'll be turning folks away!

Roak

Ok, given the response with this limited announcement I'm putting this on a faster track.

If you're interested, email me at the address below (please don't use scubaboard mail, I want to start a distribution list).

If you don't have internet access, how are you reading this? :)

Seriously, if you know someone who'd like to go that doesn't have internet access, have 'em call me at 719-332-9085 (my cell).

Roak (Roger via voice).

Hey Roak,

Did you get my email? Just wanted to make sure it was getting through :)

Jeff

P.S. Hey, I know it's early yet, but which Instructor/s were you looking at trying to get?

Thanks Roak, If there's anything I can do to help with setup, let me know.

Have a good one man.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom