DIR Hose lengths - single tank (Apeks XTX200)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daniel M. Thomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi divers,

Im planning to go to the under the arm configuration with a 360 swivel on my xtx 200s for single tanks

Planning on 100cm for the main reg (i think thats correct please inform me if anyone knows better)

Problem is im unsure on if i should go for 24" (60cm) or 22" (56cm) for the backup reg hose?

im trying to avoid buying both to try them both out so if anyone knows which is the correct size that would be great, im 5ft 11 average build 12 stone.

Hi divers,

Im planning to go to the under the arm configuration with a 360 swivel on my xtx 200s for single tanks

Planning on 100cm for the main reg (i think thats correct please inform me if anyone knows better)

Problem is im unsure on if i should go for 24" (60cm) or 22" (56cm) for the backup reg hose?

im trying to avoid buying both to try them both out so if anyone knows which is the correct size that would be great, im 5ft 11 average build 12 stone.
That isn’t DIR routing, but if your goal is under the arm routing, it’s often a 100cm primary hose (as you denoted). I’d use the 56cm for a necklaced backup.

...Planning on 100cm for the main reg (i think thats correct please inform me if anyone knows better)

Problem is im unsure on if i should go for 24" (60cm) or 22" (56cm) for the backup reg hose?...

100 cm isn't usually considered a DIR hose length. 210 cm/84"/7' is a typical primary hose length without a swivel.

22" is a typical bungied backup hose length.

thanks both for your replies

i had heard that scubapro regs should have a 22 inch backup because the ports are angled downwards and the apeks regs should have a 24 inch hose because the ports come out horizontally without an angle, this is what i was trying to clarify

I use a 24" hose on the back up for doubles, 22" for single tank because the hose only has to reach to the middle of my back, not the left post.

For the long hose in single tanks, in open water without a canister light, I use a 5' hose as opposed to the 7' hose in cave diving. I think it routs better and you only need the 7' hose for single file air sharing in restricted passages anyways.

To translate those lengths to cm, 5' is 152 cm and 7' is 213. 22" is 56cm and 24" is 60. I would err on the long side for the 5' equivalent, maybe 155-160 cm. That should be really comfortable routing across your chest and around your head.

Back
Top Bottom