Disconnect drysuit hose when not diving dry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boogie711:
You know what I get a kick out of? Somewhere out there, someone is diving in a wetsuit, perhaps on a Carribean vacation right now, and they have a drysuit hose dangling on there as either the badge of honour or because they're too lazy to take it off.

They're also diving an Air2, because "it's one less hose to manage."

Not if they have the Air2 hooked up to the drysuit hose :54:

Isn't that just a regular low pressure hose? If so can't you also use it to fill those every handy liftbags?

iflyprops:
Isn't that just a regular low pressure hose? If so can't you also use it to fill those every handy liftbags?

The fitting at the end of the whip (drysuit hose) that connects to the inflator valve on the drysuit rarely fits anything BUT that particular valve. Ocassionally they are the same quick disconnect that is on the HP hose that connects to the BC, but that is rare.

In fact, often that one whip will not fit any other make of drysuit.

Meanwhile, if I know I'm not going to be using my drysuit in the foreseeable future, I take the whip off... if I remember. :wink: Otherwise, it is secured so it doesn't dangle.

I take the hose off if I am going on a warm water trip. That would be about the only time I take it off, because I like to dive dry all the time...

During the summer semi-dry only season I will take the hose off. During the spring and fall when I may decide to go either way on a given day, the hose stays on and if unused gets tucked under a bungee cord on the wing. (yeah, yeah, I know....bungee wings of death....)

I hate danglies!! Take the hose off and put the plug back in

Hope you kept that plug.. :0

Those of you that dive dry, when you're not diving dry, i.e., warm water vacations, do you disconnect the drysuit hose or just let it dangle off the regulator? Thanks for your help.

Mel
PADI Rescue Diver/Nitrox

I have two regulator sets - one with and one without a drysuit hose, but sometimes I need to tuck a hose or a snorkel or some other geegaw in a secure place. I leave a rubber loop sliced out of an inner tube on my tanks and tuck the loose stuff into that - an old trick I learned from Fred Calhoun. If that looks too tacky, you can get a colorful stretch band gizmo from OMS that does the same thing.

Leave it on. I like to see the look on the faces of the guys who insist on setting up my gear as they try to figure out where it goes. Seriously, we hang an underwater signal device off it and bundle it with the inflator.

I take mine off for tropical vacations.

As far as a "badge of honor" goes, I've got my exemplary diving skills, not to mention my tendency to try control my wetsuit descents by tapping the center of my chest. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom