Discover Scuba recommendation at Chankanaab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was going through our photo album from spring break in Cozumel with my 13 year old(daughter of boyfriend).We did two discover scuba dives at Chankanaab and they went really well. I would recommend this site as there is no current, easy entry and enough fun stuff to see. The best was the entrance to the cavern/river where the fresh water meets the salt and the watertakes on a beautiful eerie glow. Also scores of silvery tuna made it magic. We had so much fun that we did it another day as well. Ava is a fearless snorkeler in the ocean and given our many outings off boats in adverse circumstances with both waves and currents I was pretty sure that she would take to diving.
I know that the topic of discover scuba is a controversial one and I am not here to argue that point.B ut for someone who has a spouse or friend that might like to see what diving is like, this is probably one of the most benign sites where there is actually something breathtaking to see.

Last edited:
You should have seen it years ago before it was super touristed and before Wilma scoured it clean!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom