Discuss the use of scubapro screw stopper pin on 2nd stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phgachoud

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On each scubapro 2nd stage's inhale valve cap there is a stopper pin. Think everybody knows what am talking about

Pros:
  • Cant unscrew itself ...
Cons
  • Cant unscrew it on battlefield without a tool you never have
  • if you remove this pin, there's a leading hole (any issue with that in your opinion?)
  • More time to unscrew/screw, you're going to be less prone to open, clean, close...
What's scubapro intention with that?!!!

It keeps the uninitiated from screwing things up, I leave them out on my Regs.

Are you talking about the front cover of the second stage? If so, at least on a C370 it is fairly easy to remove the pin with your finger. Just cram it into the side while depressing the front (like “purging”), and push the pin out from the inside.

I believe the intent is to meet some European standard.

I know someone that removed it on purpose to be able to open it underwater and clean it up.
He dive in places that are full of debris ...

It keeps the uninitiated from screwing things up, I leave them out on my Regs.
Me too. It's kinda funny coz the G260 face plate is designed so that it can be undone underwater by hand but then they use the pin. I guess they leave the choice for you, but given they won't let you change a face plate, seems odd.

You can line it up by eye, always thought is was a solution looking for a problem. Maybe the designer was super OCD. They are a spendy wee item, but then again what SP stuff isn't.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom