Disentanglement Drills: Manuals: Military Methodology?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sure that if I posted the topic in a general forum I'd get plenty of offers by people that wanted to wrap me in a cocoon and leave me to struggle. They would call me foolish for even thinking of doing such a thing outside the strict controled confines of a 5 Star dive course offering.

Of course you might also get some responses complaining that you weren't WIR (wrapping it right). Do I hear any votes for a bondage subforum?

My basic training included practising taking off and putting on kit underwater including weightbelt, mask off first, mask on last, in the pool without assistance. Later we did it in open water. To do this you need a rig that is simple and managable. I've been hung up underwater whilst diving solo a few times. I've found the best disentanglement procedures are to avoid sharp tugs, waft, glide and slide. If that doesn't work, cut yourself free, de-kit if you have to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom