Diva Cup or other recommendation...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christina0701

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
If you are a man...just stop reading.

Our next dive trip is booked & of course it will be that time of the month...again. I'm trying to decide which product to purchase...Diva Cup, Meluna Cup or Softcup Insteads disposable. Which do you ladies prefer, had good/bad experiences with, warm water diving? Thanks in advance!

Diva Cup. I was worried the first time I used it since it's not like you can pressurize it like you can your mask. :D But I've used it up to 130 ft with no issues.

Make sure you get the sizing right for the Diva cup. I bought the size for women who have had children - but I delivered c-section - and it was too big. (Apologies to the men who ignored the warning not to read any further!)

I have used diva cup in the past with good results, but lately I've been using my Nuvaring to move my periods around so they don't conflict with trips.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I tried the Diva Cup twice for women under 30 (although I was over 30) because I was petite and hadn't had children, and it was painful for me. Perhaps if there was a lot of flow, it might have worked, I don't know. I used a diaphragm plus a liner and that worked well, or a tampon.

I have never heard/seen Diva cup so I can't comment. I also haven't been diving while that time of the month. However I use Softcup Insteads disposable while wake boarding during the summer because we go every weekend we are off it never fails that I will be on at some point in time. I am not going to depth so I don't know how that would hold up, but I am in/out of the water and moving in all sorts of ways with no issues.

Reactions: gbf
I found the diva cup to be extremely uncomfortable when I tried it (not while diving). I move my period around by skipping the placebo pills in my pill packs. It's the most convenient way to deal with the problem. In fact, sometimes I skip them just because it's easier to not have a period. Obviously this won't work if you're not on birth control pills.

Reactions: gbf
Tampon worked fine for me (though it wasn't warm water diving, would that make a difference?). If your flow is heavy- do you have a location where you will be able to change it though? (And if it's light and it is a really long day- keep in mind you can't leave them in forever due to TSS.)

For vacation though I play the birth control 'skip the period' game.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom