Dive #300 ... Lost at Whitestar...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PvtStash

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Didnt think it could happen... thought I knew the place like the back o' me hand...

but not when visability is 10' or less...

Dive #1, suited up and ready to hit the water right around 8:30am at the deepside, Wolver, PelagicbyNature and myself...

PbN only had 1800psi in his ALHP100 and figure's he's good for at least 20min., so we plan to drop down swing around the crusher, out to the cabin criuser and back...

dropped down, had trouble finding the blockhouse... over an aound the pit and then out towards the cabin cruiser...

diver time gets to be around 11 min. and I'm thinkin' we're not gonna hit it within the gas specifications we had goin' for us... (or we missed it), moments after this realization PbN signals 600psi... alright we turn an start headin' back... on the way back we slowly ascend to 30' and then 20' hitting the East wall 30yds. South of the ladder (lot of ladder negotiate today, low water), PbN still has 400psi... , our dive time was 24 min., 72 degrees @ 45' warmer than on the surface...

I still had 1800psi left in the LP121 so elected to hang out at our gear while they grabbed a couple fills...

Dive #2 and still determined to hit that Cruiser... this time we drop an run West hitting the cop car and small boat, then South to the enchanted forest, PVC diver and Cruiser, from there over to the Frito Truck, East past the tripod to the windmill and toilet, South to the graveyard, east to the radar dish boat (I think PbN has told me he's got 1000psi around this point) then North to the motorcycle and then East, North East under the Eastmost platform and then North back up the wall to the extract where Wolver an I shoot SMBs and do our 3 min. (which was difficult at 15' for me as I was diving no ditchable wt. and my tank nearly empty)... PbN did a swimming safetly and exited with 300psi. , I got out with Just over 100psi, divetime 52min.

Pretty disoriented on Dive #1, but was happy about my Nav on #2...

Fun dives guys, thx...

Last edited:
Thanks for the dive report. I'll just print that and stick it in my logbook. Congratulations on dive #300. I thoroughly enjoyed diving with you and Wolver today and hope we can do it again soon.

Wolver - congratulations on the beating your boys put on BG this afternoon.:thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom