Dive and Travel alone in Mozambique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orelle

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dear Divers
I am considering spending three weeks diving in Mozambique and would like to cover as much of the coast as possible.Would anybody happen to know if it is safe to be traveling by yourself in Mozambique, as a woman?

Thanks!

Last October, I traveled to Tofu and Zavora with my dive buddy for 2 weeks. We had no issues traveling as two women alone. We met a German woman traveling alone in Tofu that was diving with another dive operator but joined us to travel to Zavora. Internal flights were good, we had transportation (car) arranged beforehand to travel between towns. People were friendly - it helped that we understood Portuguese, but those places - including the town of Vilanculos - you could find people easily who could speak English. What we did not was walk around too far in the dark or hitchhike. Just common sense. Also, I am not sure if the rest of the coast is as safe.

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom