Dive boat MR C

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubahorse

Reaction score
Where is the dive boat MR C? Can someone give me the driving direction, please? How is their food? I heard the food and air refill isn't free on boat. Do they fill nitrox? Thanks!

The Mr. C is located in San Pedro at the 22nd Street Landing. Unless, they have moved it, like so many other dive boats!!!

Their dive charters are inexpensive allowing you to bring food aboard and drinks. Or, you can have one of their yummy burgers or chicken breast sandwhiches (grilled). Usually the crew bring up a yellowtail and grill that up as well to share with everyone. They also charge for their air fills. No all divers are hard core divers and like to do three or four dives, so this is a way to keep cost down as well. Re Nitrox, I don't recall seeing Nitrox on board. In fact, I don't recall any OC/ LA county boats with Nitrox. If you want Nitrox, I would suggest the Lois Ann in San Diego.

To get to the 22nd Street Landing, take the Harbor Fwy south to Gaffy. Keep to your left. Travel all the way down Gaffy until you hit 22nd Street. Make a left. 22nd Street Landing will be the second landing on your right hand side. Pull into parking lot, drop off gear, move car to lot across the street.

I might add that the restaurant upstairs is VERY good!

Enjoy

http://californiadiveboats.com/
That will get you all the dive boats inforamtion. The Mr C http://californiadiveboats.com/GreatEscape/2001.06.16/P6162871.JPG is in San Pedro. Food and Air are charged in addition to the trip cost. Pay only for what you use. Don't recall seeing nitrox on board, but then since I don't use it, I really don't look for it so call them and check. Food was good back in 2001 when I last used them.

I am told the Sand Dollar out of San Pedro does 32% Nitrox. But you should call them and verify.

The Psalty V out of San Pedro also does Nitrox. I want to say that they charge $10/tank for it, but don't remember for sure. That's a nice boat - I was on it the first time this past weekend, and can't wait to go back again! Talk about pampering you! It's a 6-pack only, but there's plenty of room and really nice. They wait on you - you tell them what you want and they bring it to you. Very easy. Their bunks are nice with lots of headroom, and the biggest bonus is that they make the trip to Catalina in just about 1 hour. It's a bit more $ than the other local boats, but definitely worth every penny!

Pacific Star, Psalty V, Second Stage and Sand Dollar partial fill nitrox, i.e. you'd have to get your tank O2 cleaned.

No nitrox...Direction given above are perfect...The Captain is "OK" with you bring an icechest aboard...just keep it up front...the Burgers are excellant. Crew is friendly as well.

Back
Top Bottom