Dive Buddies wanted for San Diego Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajunkee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there,

I'm visiting friends in Oceanside this week (3/7-3/12) and looking to get some dives in while I'm here. I'm interested in shore diving and some boat diving. I regularly dive Monterey and Carmel and have over 130 dives in cold water and certified up to rescue. I dove La Jolla Shores a couple of months ago and would like to check out the best diving San Diego can offer. Please PM if you're interested.

Thanks,
Ericson

scubajunkee:
Hi there,

I'm visiting friends in Oceanside this week (3/7-3/12) and looking to get some dives in while I'm here. I'm interested in shore diving and some boat diving. I regularly dive Monterey and Carmel and have over 130 dives in cold water and certified up to rescue. I dove La Jolla Shores a couple of months ago and would like to check out the best diving San Diego can offer. Please PM if you're interested.

Thanks,
Ericson

Ericson,

Good to meet you today. I would suggest to post your message in the main So. Cal. forum. Unfortunately, rarely anyone checks this forum. I'll ask one of the moderators if he'll move it. You will then get some posts.

Ann Marie

Hey Ericson, don't go wussing out in the warm ( :D ) water while you're down there, remember what you have to come back to!!

Hi Ericson,

I moved your thread out to the main forum for better visibility.

A group of us will be on Catalina Island this Saturday (3/12) at the dive park if you'd like to join us. We always have a good time and would love to have you join us for some diving.

There is more info on this at the top of the SoCal forum in the "sticky" thread about the "Wrinkles Dive".

Hope you can make it!

Christian

Christian,

I'll be at Catalina this saturday. One of my friends from LA is taking me there. How can I find your group? Also, how much does it cost to get to Catalina and back? I have all of my gear with me, so no need for me to rent anything (except for a hood--forgot that when I was packing). Any other tips you can offer?

Thanks,
Ericson

scubajunkee:
Christian,

I'll be at Catalina this saturday. One of my friends from LA is taking me there. How can I find your group? Also, how much does it cost to get to Catalina and back? I have all of my gear with me, so no need for me to rent anything (except for a hood--forgot that when I was packing). Any other tips you can offer?

Thanks,
Ericson
Hi Ericson,

I see that you found the Wrinkles Dive thread with all of the info in it.

We should be easy to find since I'll be bringing our new ScubaBoard banner. It's 8 feet long,bright blue and in white letters it has California Kelp Divers at the top and the new SoCal portal's URL at the bottom - http://socal.scubaboard.com.

Catalina Island costs $49 round trip from Queen Mary, Long Beach.

There is a lot more information listed and linked to in the first post of the Wrinkles Dive thread that you already found.

Does your friend from LA dive? It doesn't matter either way, since there will be plenty of us to dive with, but I'm just curious.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom