Dive Buddy/boat for July 16, 17, & 18?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalAngel

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey all,

I am going to San Jose on July 15th. I have three days for diving before a four day conference. I would really like to dive in Monterey, preferably off a boat (I've heard too many horror stories of monestary beach! :shocked: ). would any of you wonderful scubaboarders be willing to take me out in the "warm" waters of NorCal? *batting eyelashes*

I have lots of So Cal "temperate" water experience. :07: I will be bringing all my gear, sans tank and weights, which includes a dry suit (well, hopefully it will be in my possession by that time...). Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you all!

damn, would have loved to, but getting on a plane to Ireland on the 17th..surprised you haven't gotten more replies, you will though!!

I see you're from your profile that you're a PADI DM, so I don't feel like I'm taking too big a risk here. Boats are expensive...shore dives are cheap. Personally, I'm also cheap...or tight, or whatever. If you have a week day in your schedule, would like to go down to Point Lobos? I could be persuaded very easily for something like that. Of course, the road to Lobos takes us past Monastery, which is my favorite shore dive in this whole area. It isn't THAT bad, really! Who knows, I might even be able to talk "Scubajunkee" into joining us. He's thinking about going for DM, and you might be able to get him motivated towards that end.

Bruce

zf2nt:
I see you're from your profile that you're a PADI DM, so I don't feel like I'm taking too big a risk here. Boats are expensive...shore dives are cheap. Personally, I'm also cheap...or tight, or whatever. If you have a week day in your schedule, would like to go down to Point Lobos? I could be persuaded very easily for something like that. Of course, the road to Lobos takes us past Monastery, which is my favorite shore dive in this whole area. It isn't THAT bad, really! Who knows, I might even be able to talk "Scubajunkee" into joining us. He's thinking about going for DM, and you might be able to get him motivated towards that end.

Bruce

Ok, I'm easy...but not cheap! You talked me into it...How about on Monday the 18th? I have heard all kinds of great things about Los Lobos. Do we need reservations for it? If the waves aren't too bad, I would love to dive Monestary. For me, waves bigger than 3 ft are not worth it. *batting eyelashes*

Mossym, I am so sad that I will not get to meet you! How about dinner on the 16th?

As far as boats go, are there any other than Monterey Express? Any good boats up that way?

scubalaurel:
Ok, I'm easy...but not cheap! You talked me into it...How about on Monday the 18th? I have heard all kinds of great things about Los Lobos. Do we need reservations for it? If the waves aren't too bad, I would love to dive Monestary. For me, waves bigger than 3 ft are not worth it. *batting eyelashes*

Mossym, I am so sad that I will not get to meet you! How about dinner on the 16th?

As far as boats go, are there any other than Monterey Express? Any good boats up that way?

I'm also cheap and not much for boat dives (my work schedule sucks). I usualy do shore dives but when I do go on a boat I like the Escapade. It's fast and a lot of the guys I dive with here book trips on her.

http://www.divecentral.com/

There's also the Cypress Sea http://www.cypresscharters.com. They do a 3 tank on Sat and provide lunch on those trips. They also do Nitrox fills on board. The Capts and crew are top notch and very knowledgable.

I'm free that weekend, let's go! I'll bring the camera...

-eRicson

zf2nt:

Bruce

scubajunkee:

-eRicson

Whoowho! :10:
Are you free to do boat diving on Saturday and/or Sunday or CABB diving on Monday?

L

scubajunkee:

-eRicson
Ericson,

We already locked up the deal for Monday (July 18) at Point Lobos (or Monastery if that looks better). Why don't you come join us?

BTW, I'm sorry about finking out on you for Friday. My drysuit is down at MBDC right now getting new seals, plus I had to study for what I thought was going to be a slug of DAN instructor courses this a.m. from Diver Dan hisself. It turns out he changed it to next Sunday though, so now now I get to sweat it for another week.
Bruce

zf2nt:
Ericson,

We already locked up the deal for Monday (July 18) at Point Lobos (or Monastery if that looks better). Why don't you come join us?

BTW, I'm sorry about finking out on you for Friday. My drysuit is down at MBDC right now getting new seals, plus I had to study for what I thought was going to be a slug of DAN instructor courses this a.m. from Diver Dan hisself. It turns out he changed it to next Sunday though, so now now I get to sweat it for another week.
Bruce

OR...we could do it ALL *batting eyelashes* :07:

Boat dive Sat AND sunday... :eyebrow:
Pt. Lobos AND monestary on Monday....(unless the waves are bigger than 1 foot)

:gorgeous:
L

Back
Top Bottom