Dive buddy January 28 or 29?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reallydg

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have to be in Orlando for work next week (26th -30th). I can be free around noon the 28th or 29th to get a couple dives in. IÃÎ willing to drive but with leaving at noon it needs to be relatively close to Orlando. Probably one of the springs. Anyone interested?

mbn_suit_narrowweb__300x481,0.jpg
Okay, what if I said this is what I looked like? Then would you be interested? (Of course, if you were - you'd be VERY disappointed when I showed up.) But it might catch your interest a little more.

The closest spring to dive in around Orlando is Blue Spring, but it's closed due to manatees till March 1st usually. The next closest spring I can think of would be Alexander, but that's not really a "dive." You could also try Paradise Springs, in Ocala, but it's more expensive (35-40 per day), and it's about a 1.5 hour drive. It also can be VERY silty, so if your buoyancy isn't up to snuff, I'd reccomend staying away because the vis goes to crap in no time.

Alexander Springs is pretty lame, I mean its a great place to practice and try out new gear. But its only about 23-25 ft deep at its deepest point. Its basically a glorified pool with sand.

Go to Paradise that's the next closest place that's open (Blue still closed as stated).
Paradise can get silted but usually its really good viz, I've been there many times and only once was it blown out by silt. Even then down to at least 60 feet it was still worth diving. Doesn't take an hour and a half to get there unless you do the speed limit :)

I like Paradise so I guess my opinion is biased. Anywhere I can dive past 90ft I like..

Thanks for the posts! So - (because I have a gift when posting of making it confusing) here's what I'm looking for now:
Anyone want to hit Paradise next Wednesday or Thursday? (Prefer not leaving before noon - but I can if I have to.)

Wish I could, but with a college schedule, week day diving is out of the question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom