dive buddy needed Lake Travis 8/13, 8/14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BillT5

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My two sons and daughter in law are taking the OW at LT next weekend, and I am going up there to hang around. I want to get in the water and do a couple of dives at least on Sat. I haven't dove there before and I am hoping to find someone that can show me around. Anyone interested? :D

Check on line for the Austin dive shops Scubaland Adventures http://www.scubaland.com and Dive World http://www.diveworldaustin.com/ . They both have clubs and weekly dives at least on Sunday and I am sure that you would be welcome in either group. Or call either one and let them know you are looking for a buddy to dive with. I'd join you but after my Flower Garden trip the 11-12th I'll be spending time with family in Houston. Happy diving!

Oh- and congrats to your sons and DIL!

-Larry

Hubby & I will be there but working... I agree with larandall- check with some of the local shops, they usually have something going on. Or is there another parent/friend of a student in the same class that will be there too. Who are your kids getting certified through?

We're getting certified through Dive World (PADI cert.) Can't wait until this weekend! (wish I could close my eyes tonight and wake up saturday morning... )

Radar7704:
We're getting certified through Dive World (PADI cert.) Can't wait until this weekend! (wish I could close my eyes tonight and wake up saturday morning... )
Tell Mike and Shane HI for me. (But whatever you do, don't take them a pre 1988 AL tank for filling - you will hear the spill!)

Radar7704:

Hey thats great! We work for Dive World so we'll see you for sure.. & may even be your divemasters for the weekend!

c-monkey:
Hey thats great! We work for Dive World so we'll see you for sure.. & may even be your divemasters for the weekend!

Well, back to the dive buddy issue, got any ideas? Are there any friends / relatives that you know of that might be out there with the class looking for a dive buddy. I am SSI, 40 dives, also nitrox so far. By the way, Radar is my middle son, so don't hold that against me!

Radar7704:
I know who'd like to buddy with you pops, How about a 50 lb. anvil tethered to your waist? :lightingz :D

-matt
I'm not sure how the air share procedure would work on that one!

Radar7704:
I know who'd like to buddy with you pops, How about a 50 lb. anvil tethered to your waist? :lightingz :D

-matt

Radar,
What is your instructor's name? I was in the shop on Monday and they had two classes going on. I was picking up my tank.
My OW was with Wayne Brush.

Back
Top Bottom