Dive buddy/s Adelaide in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I arrive on the 9th and leave on NYE visiting for family for Xmas.

I'm planning to do some boat dives with a local shop but would love to do some shore dives in the area. If anyone has some free time and wants to go for a dive I'm up for anything within driving distance of Adelaide. Let me know we can go for a dive and I can buy you a beer.

I'm bringing my gear and currently trying to source tanks and weights if you have any advice in this regard.

Hi Scubamat,

I live in Adelaide and can do some dives with you.

Cylinders and weights – I checked the websites for the six dive stores in Adelaide and found that only four have published their hire rates online, e.g.
  1. Pricelist | Diving Adelaide
  2. Pricing
  3. Equipment Hire with Underwater Sports - Specialty Courses, Dive Master, Equipment Sales & Service, ex-HMAS Hobart Dives, Leafy Sea Dragon dive tours.
  4. Scuba Diving Equipment Hire - Adelaide South Australia - Divers Services
A quick look at the above suggests that Diving Adelaide is probably both the cheapest and the best value for money.

Wetsuit – a review of your postings suggests that you may only have a 3mm wetsuit. If this is so, I would suggest renting or borrowing a 5mm wetsuit and a hood as this will allow you to stay in the water longer. Neoprene boots are also recommended if you don’t have a pair because the ground is hot and the water is relatively cool.

Thanks for offer I will drop you a message.
I've since picked up a 5mm +hood. 3 dives a day at Nusa Penida was going to be a bit chilly and I knew I really should have one when I make my yearly trip to see family.

I found the same when I looked. I've purchased a pair of 2nd hand tanks to leave with my dad when I'm out of town. Just need to get a couple of extra kg of lead and I'm good to go.

Back
Top Bottom