Dive charters that go to the Strait of Mackinac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HAVE ANYONE USED Northern Michigan's Scuba Diving Center for charters to the Strait of Mackinac?

I have only dived the Mac once (assume you are talking the Strait of Mackinac wreck just off Chicago). It was with Windy City Diving on a private charter to the Mac. We left early morning, did two dives and were back for lunch. It was a top notch boat and I have no complaints. I am sure that you are aware that the boats in that region operate as water taxi's. They do not provide any guided dives or DM's. I also provided all my own equipment, including tanks.

I think that the boat offers regular trips to the Mac, but this is weather dependent and you could find yourself on a closer wreck if the wind picks up.

(Windy City Diving: Home for Chicago Scuba and Lake Michigan Wreck Diving)

I think this dive shop runs charters out Cheboygan, Michigan.

Our LDS has charter trips up there every year I have not went as just back to diving again. You could call the shop and the owner Mike ( good guy ) could give all the info you would like. 616-949-9577. called American Dive Zone. GL
Oh ya next friday we will be in Mi upper on Lake Superior @ Munising for 3 days of diving

Absolutely what oleman said. Mike at the American Dive Zone is a great guy! I am from South Carolina and was in Grand Rapids, MI for business. I found American Dive Zone on google called mike. And next thing I knew there was a spot open for a 2 day Mackinaw wreck dive. The team was awesome to dive with. They were mostly tech divers and they welcomed my southern blood on the boat without too much harassment. But the the wrecks were awesome, it was the best diving I have ever done. Cold, but the best diving hands down. I was diving in Keywest, Fl a week later and I wished I was back in Mackinaw! Highly recommend if you are in the vicinity of Mackinaw, Mi.

www.greatlakesdivecharters.net is who you want to talk to. Captain Frank is absolutely the best. He runs charters out of Alpena and the Straits of Mac. I have been on charters with him many times and he is so helpful, fun, and everything else! Check him out!!

Back
Top Bottom