Dive close to Marathon Key

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robby6Pack

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone have a favorite or highly rated charter near Marathon Key? I would like at least one wreck dive. The other can be a reef. I am going to drive up from Key West and would rather not drive all the way to Jupiter or West Palm. I'm only gonna have 1 day to dive and don't want to spend all of it driving.

You certainly don’t have to drive all the way up to West Palm! Unfortunately, I don’t know of any operations that far south in the Keys, but you would never have to drive any farther than key Largo. There are a ton of operators in Key Largo.

If you don’t get any feedback about anything in the southern Keys, reply and I can describe some of the operators in Key Largo. Of course, a quick search would probably find you a bunch as well.

Looe Key Reef Resort on Ramrod Key. They run a boat out to Looe Key Marine Reserve. They also dive the Adolphus Busch wreck but you would have to catch the right day. Captain Hook's out of Marathon dives some nice patch reefs and the Thunderbolt. Captain Hook's also purchased Strike Zone charters on Big Pine. They hit the same sites as Looe Key Resort. Might catch a different wreck day on the Busch. :)

If you want to dive a wreck, Key West is home to the Vandenberg. It's a big wreck and definitely worth a double dip. I've been on it with Captain's Corner on several occasions and haven't seen it all.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom