dive computer advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all i am new to the forum and its a great site and knowledge data base!!
I have a suunto Stinger which has been great up until now!! Its pressure sensor needs replacing i was wondering how much it would cost to have that done? Also i have become a mac using and no longer have a PC.. stinger pc cable not compatible with macs.. not USB etc. I was wondering whether now would be a good time to upgrade my dive computer, i love the watch functionality of the stinger and pretty much everything about it. It seems mad in this day and age that it is not USB or mac able! Are any of the suunto comps? D9 etc?
hope someone might be able to shed some light on this for me!
Happy Bubbles to all.

also how can you attach a Stinger to a computer using a USB cable??

I don't think their is a dive manufacturer making Mac software, Try a serial to USB adapter for your stinger cable it should work. I using a berlin serial to USB adaptor.

There is a Mac App out there. Check the computer forum.

if you can't find a mac forum, you might try running a Windows virtual machine on your mac to run the software, and access your dive computer using a usb-serial adapter as NCadiver mentioned.

I would follow Skunky's advice first thought to see if that pans out.

Back
Top Bottom