Dive computer battery and o-ring spec's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys. Actually today I replaced the battery. I tried to measure the o-ring but it is kind of difficult so I can't know for sure. It should be M1.5*27 (1.5mm cross section, 27mm internal diameter) or M1.5*27.5 (1.5mm CS, 27.5mm ID) or M1.6*27.1 (1.6mm CS, 27.1mm ID - this is kind of odd size for metric o-ring but according to the charts it exists and it is the only 1.6mm CS with ID anywhere near these numbers).
View attachment 531937
The picture shows the diameter of the groove where the o-ring sits. T
he diameter of the hole where the whole assembly (including the ring) is inserted is 30mm
View attachment 531938

@rsingler I've been a very bad student. After I took these pictures, I realized what damage these calipers could have done to the o-ring grooves :banghead: I hope it is not too late.
I need to write it down100 times: Never touch sharp metal tools to metal or plastic o-ring grooves

Locally I fount M1.5*28 very cheaply and gave them a try but they won't fit.

Actually the previous o-ring looked in great shape so I just cleaned it, lubed it and re-use it. I am still interested to find out the real size for next time.

Thanks for your offer Robert to post me the rings. I think I can get them quite easily. Finding the real size will be more than enough help. Thanks anyway

(Apologies for not translating all the above to Imperial but it is too late for me - got to go to bed).

Just as an update, I changed the battery of my Cressi Newton DC again and this time I used a new M1.5*27 o-ring (1.5mm cross section and 27mm inner diameter). It fits perfectly and I already did two test dives (down to 30m/100ft) without problems.
All the best

Anyone have the details on the Aladin Sport Matrix (console or wrist, same same) or XP-h? I believe both use the CR2450, but what about O-Ring? Are they the same O-ring for both?

The spreadsheet in the first post lists it as a 2-024. Hope this helps
Screenshot_20200618-214719_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Thanks @rsingler , any idea on the ScubaPro Aladin Sport Matrix? I'm thinking it might be the same, but I don't have my "new" Sport Matrix in my hands yet... (it's still at my US residence, but will make its way out to me in Philippines soon)

Would someone please help with the replacement screw sizes for the Oceanic Oci watch hatch and o ring size for the transmitter? The o-ring size for the transmitter is not on the link referenced in previous posts.

I believe the o-rings size for the watch hatch is 1.5mm X 40mm (NBR) Buna-N 70 Duro Metric O-Ring. Please correct me if I am off on this.
Thanks,

Sorry, would you please elaborate. I don’t know what 012 equates to. is that the diameter or thickness?

Yes, the transmitter is like a standard HP hose, so an -012.

The Perdix AI manual shows for the battery change on the transmitter:
upload_2020-8-30_13-14-18.png

Those are the only two o-rings that are replaceable on the MH8A PPS transmitter.

The OCi and OCs battery hatches are metric 1.5x40; the OC1 is metric 0.8x40, which is not easy to find.
Buying the kit in both cases is the efficient and not costly way to replace the battery, especially if the kit comes with spare screws, which are easy to lose.

Sorry, would you please elaborate. I don’t know what 012 equates to. is that the diameter or thickness?
AS568-012, standard US o-rings, not metric.
Charts give the CS and ID, which are 1/16 x 0.364 inches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom