Dive Computer Downloads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two Dogs

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know of a Palm based dive log software package that will take information directly downloaded from my Vytec DS to a Palm based Treo?

I think there were 2 - though I gave up n it since palms lose everything if the battery goes totally flat.

One of them, form memory,is PTDive or something like that, the other was auqa-divelog (or something like that)...

There are threads on both of them. Google them and you will find where to download them.

Thanks, I'll start googling.

I have a Uwatec that I download to my Treo with their Aqua DiveLog software. It is very slick and works with an infrared transfer. It is a free download, so you might see if you can get it to work with a Vytec with some fiddeling.

Actually my Palm Treo 650 does not lose data (see above post) if there is a battery failure. A hard reboot will wipe data, but it is very rare you need to do this. If you have a GSM model (ATT, T-Mobile), much information is stored on the GSM chip. Also, if the unit is sync'ed, data will be backedup on your computer. I take several batteries on long trips and run them into the ground.

I think on the Suunto computers (like Vytec DS which I also have and love it); that you are going to have to pull it down to Suunto Dive Manager first. A that point there are a few programs that can import from DM into other databases and then you can make your edits.

By the way, the Suunto DM software downloads into an MS Access data base. It has a password but it can be easily hacked with any of the commercially available MS Office password breakers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom