Dive Computer Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's one heck of a reference!

Question, do you guys think it's worth it to save around $150 for a used one or just go for the new one?

That's a tough call. The typical dive computer will give you years of trouble free service so you'd probably be fine with a used one. I just like buying new so that's what I did. But it is a great computer. What the heck..........go new!

well, i just pulled the trigger. I bought a demo unit from Scubatoys. It is equipped with a quick disconnect and a compass. The whole package was under $400. I spoke to a rep and he said there were 4 dives on it. It is immaculate. That sounds like a good deal to me. Saved quite a bit of $$$.
I figured with the quick disconnect I can bu the reg & octo from my LDS and have him outfit it with a QD and just snap this puppy on!
I love buying myself my own Christmas presents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, i just pulled the trigger. I bought a demo unit from Scubatoys. It is equipped with a quick disconnect and a compass. The whole package was under $400. I spoke to a rep and he said there were 4 dives on it. It is immaculate. That sounds like a good deal to me. Saved quite a bit of $$$.
I figured with the quick disconnect I can bu the reg & octo from my LDS and have him outfit it with a QD and just snap this puppy on!
I love buying myself my own Christmas presents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heck of a deal! You did the right thing. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own both a Oceanic Geo and an Uwatec Smart Pro. Like the Geo but love the Uwatec. Price not bad on either and but nitrox. Uwatec has easier to see display. Only downside is non user replaceable batteries but I have used it for like 20 dives and I am down to 97% battery remaining. But when send in for battery replacement, the unit is calibrated before being returned.

I too am a pretty new diver and read your comments with interest. Does anybody have any recommended stores for online purchase?

I am based in the UK but will pay reasonable overseas postage rates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom