Dive Conditions-Local Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
This is an on going dive report thread. Post the dive conditions here.

Place:
Date:
Conditions:
Temp:
Vis:
Comments:

Place: south side Leo
Date:2-2-08
Conditions:crap
Temp: 56?
Vis: 5-8?
Comments: It sucked

I like this thread

Place: Nicholas Canyon
Date: Saturday, 2/16/08 - 8am
Conditions: Sunny, mild surf w/ occassional 3' breakers
Temp: 55
Vis: Murky 1 - 2' upon descent; opened to 5 - 10' on outer reef
Comments: Surge made it pretty soupy at start of reef - outer reef had some nice viz. Surf picking up as I came back in made it pretty exciting-- I surfed a wave in on my back and the next one tumbled me pretty good! Still a great dive.

Place: La Jolla/Scripps
Date:Feb 16th & 17th
Conditions:Sat=flat Sun=flat to 4'rollers
Temp:56deg + or -
Vis:20'-25'
Comments: Sat at Kellogg Park- We did a deep dive to 100', then navagation skills at about 18'

Sunday at Scripps Pier- We did surface rescue drills thru the surf.

We are halfway thru with class!

Rick

Place: Leo Carrillo
Date: Saturday, 2/23/08 - 8am
Conditions: Patchy clouds & flat
Vis: 15-20' Best I've had here
Comments: 45 minutes at max of 31' Great dive, beautiful. Saw an octopus hiding under the rocks while looking for bugs. Still some bugs around too! Garabaldi acting territorial, must be mating season. Sheaphead and rockfish. Really pretty dive; I love the rock formations

Thanks for the Leo report- so the rain didn't have an effect?!!

Damn, I wish I'd gone out there now...

Date: Saturday, 3/8/08 - 8am
Conditions: Sunny & Mild
Vis: 8'-10'
Comments: 37 minutes at max of 31' Nice dive, not as nice as 2 weeks ago, but always fun. High tide and good timing kept me off the rocks. Saw some big sheephead and a seal. Nice den with some good bugs in it-- all pretty saavy, but I wedged a fin between one at the edge and he panicked and came toward me where I pinned him! 21 for the season! Swam all the way up onto the beach without waves; nice exit and a beautiful day....

Date: Wed, 3/19/08 - 7pm
Conditions: Dark and full moon
Vis: 20'
Comments: nice 47 min dive max 33'. best dive ive done there yet. the tide was comming in so exit was not as hard as the entry. Lots-o-lobsters, one leagle, Octupus, and horn shark. no waves or surge.

wow! so i went spearfishing yesterday at malibu colony and all i can say it that it needs to be dove. The visibility was 10-15 and there was tons of sea grass and kelp. My buddy caught a 15 lb cabezon and the diving was great! the water temp wasnt too bad, but since i was freediving couldnt get the temp. Im sure that diving it would be way better but it was the perfect day!

wow! so i went spearfishing yesterday at malibu colony and all i can say it that it needs to be dove. The visibility was 10-15 and there was tons of sea grass and kelp. My buddy caught a 15 lb cabezon and the diving was great! the water temp wasnt too bad, but since i was freediving couldnt get the temp. Im sure that diving it would be way better but it was the perfect day!

This is a nice dive I have only been once and it was less then ideal, I would like to do it again tho.
Hey Gabi did you dive with a kid named Grigor?

Back
Top Bottom