Dive Conditions-Local Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Place: Veterans Park, Redondo
Date: 05/24/08
Conditions: 1' to 3' surf
Temp: at depth 54deg
Vis: 12'-14'
Comments:
1st Dive:
Erika, Jamie, Rex, and I surfaced it out till we were even with the end of the pier. We dropped down, and hit 55' right off to start with. We decended down into the canyon to 83', looked around, then slowly ascended back up and to the shore, where we surfaced. Even though Vet's is sand, I really enjoyed this dive! There is still a lot of critters to see over the sand. Just take your time and look. We seen crabs, a "blenny in a bottle", and various flatties. When we turned around, the monument was spotted.

2nd Dive:
Rex, Jamie, and I surfaced out and decended. This time alittle more shallow. We made it down to 89ft, then back up. Down at depth we seen a huge school of bait fish. There were thousands! What an experiance. We also seen lots of flatties, crabs, a rockfish, and lots of other critters.

Thank you buddies, for making these dives, the picnic, and the day in general, a fun time. I can't wait for the next one!

Rick

Place:Veterans Park
Date:5-26-08 Memorial Day
Time:6:15 am
Conditions: 5-10 mph wind, two foot surf,61 degree at surface, 59 degree at depth (65' max) Visibility: 8-10'

Jesse(DeliciousBrownTaste) and I hit the water at 6:25 and did a dive to 65'.We dropped down to the monument,it was covered with about 15 crabs,1 orange sea cucumber,1 small seabass,1 pink snorkel and 1 soccer trophy?!The water was surprisingly warm at depth 0f 65'.We also saw several very small halibut.Always a nice way to start the day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom