Dive & Dine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grrr..... not good.... well, weather.com is forecasting scattered T-storms, so i guess lets see what happens to that forecast in the next 2 days.

Actually I don't think there is any danger diving during a thunderstorm, that is if we're underwater. Not that i'd really wanna see how lucky i am during the SI.

EDIT: Checked weather underground, their forecast has a 40% chance of light showers with isolated t-storms at around 10am. This is the forecast i like the best :D

DawgDiver:
Sissy.... :D

kidding, KIDDING! Wish i could afford a drysuit... but i'll be fine. :14:

I am diving wet on Saturday, 42°'s, but only one dive. For three I will go with the dry considering the air temp for Sunday.
:monkeydan

kylepreid:
Hey guys, looking at the weather report, it looks like thunderstorms on sunday. We still going to atempt to dive. I don't mind the rain since we are getting wet anyway, but when the man upstairs starts throwing bolts of electricity down at us......well thats a different story.

We are going to judge it on Saturday evening and see what the radar says. It is almost a three hour drive so we are going to be watching the weather closely.

kylepreid:
Hey guys, looking at the weather report, it looks like thunderstorms on sunday. We still going to atempt to dive. I don't mind the rain since we are getting wet anyway, but when the man upstairs starts throwing bolts of electricity down at us......well thats a different story.

I'm watching the weather report also. Rain ok, lighting no!

anyone want to switch to Sat? For myself I'm gonna call it on Fri night and dive WBP or something if Sunday is going to be lightning...

Flightlead:
anyone want to switch to Sat? For myself I'm gonna call it on Fri night and dive WBP or something if Sunday is going to be lightning...

If we do it saturday i'd have to get there much earlier, say like 8am, to get at least 2 dives in, because i have to work at 3 and i'm in lawrenceville. But if you guys wanna do that, i can do it.

WBP i could do, but from what i hear the water was 42* last saturday.

What is WBP?

WBP=West Bank Park at Lake Lanier.

dschulte:
What is WBP?

Definetely not worth a 3 hour drive. I'd still much rather do Dive Haven.

Guys it looks like the t-storms on sunday should move out by 10am, according to accuweather, weather channel and weather underground... with all saying it will clear up a bit after that, 50% chance of showers after 10am. I think we should be ok to show up at 10am. But how do y'all feel about it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom