Dive Facility Fantasy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShallowDiverDave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

I'm an Atlanta resident and therefore it's quite far to the nearest ocean or freshwater spring. Precarious lake diving caused me to stop diving for five years. This accessibility problem is of course also true for many other major cities in this country. Has anyone ever considered building a dive facility of sorts in the heart of such a metropolis? Certainly there are very wealthy folks who enjoy diving as much as anyone does who might find great satisfaction in this type of endeavor. The Nemo 33 pool in Belgium is the closest I have seen to what I'm seeking. Any guesses on the cost of this facility or thoughts on how to move forward with what might very well be a futile fantasy?

P.S. It's simply depressing (and satisfying) reading the great adventures that folks are having from their own backyards on these forums. In the meantime, thanks and keep it up!

Regards,

David

There is the Bonneville Seabase in Utah, Bonneville Seabase - Utah Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Location - Inland Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
and you can dive in the aquarium at Walt Disney World in Orlando. Other "different" types of dive sites include the missile silo in Texas as well as sunken towns in many quarries. It would be nice to have a giant salt water pool though.

Never heard of Seabase, looks very interesting. I have done the Orlando aquarium, which is nice but a bit pricey for everyday use. Thanks for the response.

Have you tried Dive Haven in White GA vis isn't that good, but it's diving, or Alabama blue water adventure in Pelham Al

Back
Top Bottom