Dive Flag Mount for Kayaks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shcubasteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Any suggestions? I would like to mount it higher then a float ball using a 20"x24" flag. Check out the link below to pictures of complete rigs... Looks like some use a bicycle flag pole stuck to the rear area

Photos Of Kayak Set Ups -

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......................... I just stuff the weighted end of mine into the scupper hole. Remember that, if you attach the flag to the boat, you MUST use the larger flag.

I have a Gianormous flag on a DIY float that soars 6' above the surface I use for beach dives. I hope to be a kayak diver in the near future. The one thing that I took from experienced yakers is-- If you use a floated flag moored to your yak even if it upsets (upside) down your flag will still fly true. I intend to use a tethered flag from my (someday) yak. My flag has is rigged to float in shallow water with a short stick under the float which lead to 7# to counter balance it. My yak flag will have a longer shaft under the water and not require so much wieght.

I think a 24" flag at 6' is a goal you should shoot for in building a flag and think the tethered float is also the way to go.

...Remember that, if you attach the flag to the boat, you MUST use the larger flag.

Correct. When I figure it out, Ill post

I perfer to place my flag on the yak. My yak is yellow & I figure that it will be the first thing noticed & the view of the flag will not be obstructed by the yak. I tow my yak with me as I dive & I have never had the yak flip over on me, not to say that it couldn't happen.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom