Dive for the Cure 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

girldiverllc

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Dive for the Cure - 2007 will be raising over $150,000 and increasing awareness in the fight against Breast Cancer.

I am pleased to announce that our initial site has launched and will be updated and expanded along the way.

http://www.diveforthecure.com

My hope is that we raise money and awareness of Breast Cancer, while at the same time attracting new divers to our sport in a positive way.

In 2008, we'll be expanding the tour to include 4 cities. We're applying for 501(c)(3) status and becoming a full fledged non-profit.

But for now, we have our work cut out for the events of this year.

Thanks for all of the kind words of support that we've received from SB members, and the kind donation of time and talent as well.

I am so glad to see this...as a diving BC survivor, I have been trying to find something like this.... Want to expand to San Diego in 2008?

My lovely bride (also a diver and BC survivor) would love to help out for a San Diego Event.

Dave

We are currently awaiting approval from the City of San Diego for a 2007 event. Our preferred date is the second weekend in October, but we don't have city approval as of yet.

The dives will be held at La Jolla shores and the auction site is TBD.

And Team Casa...your lovely bride WILL be a major part of the event. Hoping to have her speak at the auction portion, as well as assist with the planning.

Stay tuned. This should be finalized NO LATER than next week.

Please let me know what I can do to help you out in terms of local organization here in SD.

I am a 4-year survivor of invasive ductal carcinoma, received chemotherapy and had a bilateral mastectomy at 33 years of age, and as a result, I am especially active with young survival issues (have been a member of the Boston-area Young Survival Coalition- now called Thrive - since I was diagnosed in 2002 and have just started to get involved with the local YSC representative). I am sure we can drum you up some local YSC help for your event.

Contact me at avitsky@msn.com - Allison

My Golly, this is one sure thing that we should be supporting of. This is wonderful, great...!

Cheers,

evaldez
ABC of Golf

Back
Top Bottom