Dive Haven GA update?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcf57

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Is Dive Haven in White, GA pretty much closed for good? The website (divehavenga.com) is more or less gone, but when I call a number I found, I get a voicemail message talking about the dive haven facility and their hours of operation (mainly weekends). I left a message, but have not heard back yet so thinking maybe its an unmonitored number. Just curious.

The name has been changed to White Stone Diving. The facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/pages/White-Stone-Diving/105400779547233. It is open on the weekends roughly from 8am to 5pm. I dove it last weekend PM me if you need any details. You can try Brenton (The Owner) on his cell phone (404) 281-5060 but he can sometimes be hard to get in touch with.

Last edited:
I dove it back in early May. Has the algae cleared any? I know they're working with a paper-thin margin and probably can't treat the water but the damn algae is ridiculous. It's like stepping into a slimy green curtain. Viz was 3-5 feet at best. Still, though, where else you gonna go for a quick dive?

I dove it back in early May. Has the algae cleared any? I know they're working with a paper-thin margin and probably can't treat the water but the damn algae is ridiculous. It's like stepping into a slimy green curtain. Viz was 3-5 feet at best. Still, though, where else you gonna go for a quick dive?
Lanier has at 10-15 ft vis.

Can anyone give me anyware best to dive I'm on holiday from uk staying in thomaston ga
Ussally dive in the channel uk on wrecks
kind regards Roy

Can anyone give me anyware best to dive I'm on holiday from uk staying in thomaston ga
Ussally dive in the channel uk on wrecks
kind regards Roy

Its a 5 hr drive, but you should check into Panama City, FL. I'm currently planning a trip there and going to use either Dive Locker or Better Bottom Time Divers.

I do think there are a couple of places around Columbus, but not sure where they are.

goodness me your a long way from panama thankyou for your post
kind regards roy

---------- Post Merged at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Do you know if them dive boats are on scubaboard as i cannot find them
kind regards roy

Just to update in re: White Stone Diving (f/k/a Dive Haven), there was a fire in the dive shop Friday night. The main building is a total loss. The fire is being investigated so no conclusions have been developed yet. My understanding is that there is an arson investigation team on site today (Tuesday, Aug 7th).

HOWEVER- they are absolutely in business. I was up there on Sunday and have never seen it so crowded. Fortunately, due to worthless thieves and vandals, they had already moved many of the high-value items into a trailer so the compressor and lots of their gear are all safe.

Just to update in re: White Stone Diving (f/k/a Dive Haven), there was a fire in the dive shop Friday night. The main building is a total loss. The fire is being investigated so no conclusions have been developed yet. My understanding is that there is an arson investigation team on site today (Tuesday, Aug 7th).

HOWEVER- they are absolutely in business. I was up there on Sunday and have never seen it so crowded. Fortunately, due to worthless thieves and vandals, they had already moved many of the high-value items into a trailer so the compressor and lots of their gear are all safe.

Wow. That place can't catch a break. Out of business, back in business, one partner quits the business (brothers no less), they get most of their gear stolen (they weren't insured either) and now a suspicious fire? Ouch. It's a shame, because the place has potential as the only dive opportunity within an hour's drive from metro Atlanta (but MAN do they need to get that algae under control - GEESH!).

I enjoyed it when I was there, such as it is, given the local diving options (either drive 3 hours to TN, AL, or SC or pay $325 to dive in the aquarium for a half hour). I've only been there once, this past June, with some scubaboarders. The (remaining) owners seemed like nice people; I hope they can keep it going but it doesn't look good.

The irony is, the one time I was there (just this last June) there were fire engines parked there. Apparently the local fire department does some sort of training there.

They need to move Atlanta closer to the ocean, or vice versa. Or something...

Back
Top Bottom