dive in aqaba jordan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yoavlu

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i was thinking of going to aqaba for a dive for a weekend is there any one who can give me some info as for where to stay and of good dive centers
thanks

From what I know there are only two authorized dive center in Aqaba. I went there about 2 months ago, and went with Royal Diving Club. http://www.rdc.jo/

They were very good. They are actually located about 20km south of Aqaba right in the middle of all of the dive sites. They actually have two sites right in front of the DC, and the rest are less then a 10 minute drive. We did an excellent night dive on one of the house reefs.

There is a hotel and small resturant/bar attached. I stayed at the hotel for one night, and it was also quite nice.

Overall if you are used to diving in Eilat, I think you will find the diving in Aqaba very good. There are a lot of corals, the fish life was plentiful, and few divers. Jordanian law requires you dive with a registered dive guide. So you can't just get tanks and go like in Israel.

If you are just going over for a weekend, get to the border early as there will be line right when it opens Friday morning. If you take your own gear, remember to take your reg out of your gear bag and put it on the xray belt buy itself on the way back in (I put mine in a small mesh bag then on the belt ever since they tore the mouthpiece off at the Taba crossing). It helps speed up your return screening.

Enjoy!!

I can strongly recommend Sea Star, their office/shop is in the Al Cazar hotel in Aqabar, the dives take place from the beach club of the hotel. It's a great place, very professional, very friendly and helpful - the hotel is great too, no 5* but really really nice. AND you're in the middle of Aqabar......Can't wait to go there again :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom