Dive in Japanese

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divingdon:
Are there many/any gaijin instructors working in Japan?

Yes there are. You should check in the ZEN divers forum. And speaking of which, perhaps this nihongo guide should also be moved to the zen forum...

The translations aren't too bad, a good starting point anyways. But remeber the golden rule of translations - to avoid looking foolish, always have a native speaker (in this case, a japanese) check it over!

gambatte ne

"ジップ を 閉めて(し) ください " jippu o shimete kudasai

My bad, all this time I've been using this phrase out of context... no wonder Japanese girls slap me everytime I say this coming out of the bar bathroom...

Nice job Japaneseyes... now how about helping out these guys with some nampa lines in nihongo :wink::joke:

japan-diver:
Dr. Bill the ratios is now about 3:1 I believe but still thats not bad. Lots of tourists girls looking for taiken dives also!!!:wink:

MUCH better than it is here!

What is a taiken dive (should I check Japaneseyes' web site... just did and I think I need to upgrade my IE 5 browser to view it)?

japan-diver:
Andy you need some work on your Japanese along with your French.

oh, oh oh... a bit....

JEALOUS???

:wink:

Por favor, devuelvame mi caballo. El tiene rabia y es muy peligroso!

drbill:
MUCH better than it is here!

What is a taiken dive (should I check Japaneseyes' web site... just did and I think I need to upgrade my IE 5 browser to view it)?

Doc, first time dive or I should say discover scuba... :wink::eyebrow: you're just the man those gals need Dr. Bill... just behave yourself with your video camera... :rofl3:

Hey, I always behave myself... that's my biggest problem! I'm considered "safe" for woman to dive... or dance... with. Wonder if the Japanese women are looking for a "bad boy" like so many American ladies?

Well, Discover SCUBA isn't the level of experience I'm looking for in a woman diver. I wonder how many Japanese women are as avid as some of the American lady divers I know???

"Taiken" literally means experience or try out so "Taiken Dive" means Discover scuba However, "Taiken" has double entendre in Japanese!? so Doc, how deep do you want to go!? :wink:

Live_in_Sin:
"Taiken" literally means experience or try out so "Taiken Dive" means Discover scuba However, "Taiken" has double entendre in Japanese!? so Doc, how deep do you want to go!? :wink:

When I'm diving with a buddy, I always let them determine how deep we will go. I'm a gentleman, and most women who dive with me are too smart to go to the depths I do (all in the interests of science of course!).

I'm assuming I don't need to guess what the double entendre is!

Live_in_Sin:

How double is the entendre? :rofl3:
I am not as choosy as Dr. Bill.

japan-diver:
Dr. Bill the ratios is now about 3:1 I believe but still thats not bad. Lots of tourists girls looking for taiken dives also!!!:wink:

Life's still tough down there then?

Back
Top Bottom