Dive Insurance Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JT2

Reaction score
I am in the market for some dive insurance and I would like everyones input who currently have insurance and why you chose the one that you did.
Thanks!

I choose DAN because of it's large base and worldwide recognition. The price was also not bad at all IMO for the amount of coverage you get. Hopefully it is something I will NEVER need.

For a bunch of reasons.

1. Their "best" plan is inexpensive, has no depth or weasel-word exclusions, and gets the job done.

2. The other choices fail one of the two criteria (one excludes spearfishing!)

3. You're funding research as well - into something that could get you some day. That simply can't be bad.

I decided on the DAN Preferred Plan since it offered the most benefits and was only $70/yr. With DAN's recognition worldwide and their ongoing research, I decided that I was giving myself a great insurance plan while helping to fund something worthwhile.

Another preferred DAN member hops on the boat. I'm with JamesK on DAN being widely recognized.

There was dive insurance I could have gotten through PADI, but given how the different agencies seem to have their rivalries, I didn't know if this would be an issue later on. DAN is agency neutral so it's one less thing for me to worry about.

I have decided to go with DAN as well, and I appreciate everyone's posts. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom