Dive Knives in California considered concealed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pdude

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone run into any issues with their fixed blade dive knives and the Police? Seems that it's against the law in California to carry a fixed blade concealed on "your person" which I would assume could mean someone who has it in their pocket or in a backpack on their back. Logic says otherwise, but still a concern. What a bad way to disturb a happy day of diving to get stopped walking your way down the beach!

Strap that puppy to your calf. It wouldn't be considered concealed. Then again, that isn't any guarantee.

The day I see cops frisking or checking out divers heading into the water to write some BS ticket like this is the day they have officially caught ALL the crooks and drunk drivers and bank robbers. It's also the very last day I will be paying my taxes here in SoCal.

Well follow the law and keep it on your waist strap in open view so you or your dive buddy have easy access. I keep my cut off steak knife just to the left of my crotch strap, where I can reach it with either hand.

I used to carry a knife for work since I was always opening packages. My favorite is a Kershaw Leek that has a blade opening assist. It is borderline a switch blade, and I hear some cops consider it one. Although in all the years I carried one, not a single officer ever said a word to me, and I saw and talked to plenty while it was stowed clipped off in top of my pocket. *shrugs* Hopefully they have better things to do then mess with honest people.

Back
Top Bottom