Dive Light Battery Life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdsd

Contributor
Reaction score
I use a UK C8 dive light. (It uses 8 C batteries.)

What is the real world life span of the batteries? :idea3:

I am trying to pick a good cycle time in minutes/hours to remove/replace the batteries. Removing too soon seems to be a waste and a hit on mother nature.

I agree with jonnythan, buy the rechargeable batteries and charger. I purchased that exact kit from batteryspace and had a very good buying experience from them. Good price, fast shipping. Definitely beats going to Costco and buying a boatload of batteries.

I have two light cannons to feed.
Given that I can buy 16 5Amp-Hour NiMh batteries and two chargers for $150 (option 1)
Or
2 UK NiCad batteries and chargers for $200 (option 2)

Which would you buy?

Option 1 PROS: Batteries last 4 hours. Batteries can be used in other devices.
Chargers can be used for other batteries.
Option 1 CONS: Charger only holds 4 batteries at a time - might have to wake up in the middle of the night to swap out.

Option 2 PROS: Simple -- plug it in and let it charge overnight.
Option 2 CONS: Batteries only last 2 hours. Nicad pack is not easily maintained if a cell goes bad.

I use the light cannons for video lights. When I go to Coz, I don't use them much during the day, but many nights I'd use them for 2 hrs easily.

Any ideas or experience with the UK NiCads -- charging/run times -- problems....??

Mark

2hrs insnt much go w/ the 4hr burn times and start them early.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom