Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bsterkel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
What are your opinions of the Pelican 4100 Aqua King Lite 8D? It seems like its certainly got the brightness...but seems rather big. For $45...it may be a good deal. Look forward to your opinions.

Thanks!

You probably get more reponse over in the Light Gear Forum, but my personal opinion is that's a BIG light, 2+ #'s before you stick in the 8 D batteries. I wouldn't like it.

FWIW, I was really happy with my UK C4 eLed, nice bright white light, smaller than the C8's or D sized lights, a great rec. light, and if your going to go for something bigger like the one your looking at, you may as well spend the extra cash and get a UK light canon IMO.

-Garrett

Ditto what Garrett said. You might also want to look at the UK SL4 and SL6 lights. They're compact and light weight. Easy to tuck into a pocket or strap on a harness.

There are many types of lights all over, and it sometimes confuses.
If you want to buy something good, which will satisfy your needs for a long period of time, you should specify some simple questions that might help you to focus:

1. What's my maximum budget ?
2. Is it a main light or a backup light ?
3. Should it be Halogen (usually Yellow) or Led (usually White) ?
4. Should it be sheaf or bubbly ?
5. What's the maximum depth ?
6. Battery type (Size, Charge).

Maybe there are more questions, but that's the main idea.

Example: An underwater photographer sometimes prefers a small secondary sheaf light to search for objects, and a main chargeable Led bubbly light to photo the object.

But... it doesn't have to be like that- Another photographer may want a main nonchargeable Halogen bubbly light, because it goes better with his camera.

So, as you see- you and only you can identify the answers to yourself.

The next step will be much easier- Simply try to find the lights which answer the questions, and than pick the best which suits your targets.

Have a pleasant purchase.

Yup U R right.
I know English isn't my tough side, but underwater who needs English ;-).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom