dive lights as a poor man's strobe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm... maybe if I soak it in fish guts prior to the dive it will help attract some willing subjects on top of being a diffuser :) Thanks for the help and the link to DigitalDiver. Looks like lots of good info on there.

-Roman.

Roman,
Do you know Dave? If not, let me introduce you to him at the next MWDC meeting he's at. He's pretty much the photo guru in our club.

I know he's got a setup with a camera with two strobes [well, and a nikonos V mounted on the top of the other camera housing :)]. Both of those strobes have SL4s [Don't remember who makes those. UK or Princeton Tec; UK I think] mounted on them for spotting.

I've used my light for spotting when I'm taking shots at night. It works out pretty well, but I do remember to point the light away once the camera has locked on.

I've tried taking shots with the light as the source of light, and it just doesn't work right [I'd have to dig the original off a CD, but here's a crop out of my index I made before I archived].

Someday I'll have an HID canister light, and I'll give it another try :)

BTW: I had one of those Atitude lights. I truely loved it, both diving and it was a great light for getting around the bunkhouse without pissing off the sleeping dive buddies! Unfortunately it flooded :(

Yeah, I know Dave. Him and Janet (I think) are usually pretty good for photo info. I'll try to corner one of them next week for some more insights. The Attitude light did look like it had a nice bright white light in the photo, might have to get one to play with.

On a brigher note, my new housing should be waiting for me when I get home from work today! Will have to settle for test-diving it in a pool, though. Oh well...

-Roman.

Back
Top Bottom