Dive log page template anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use SeaWolff computer generated dive logs. However I do use a printed dive report page to copy down the info that I later place in my computer log.

I tried to upload the files to the board, but the board will not except .doc files

http://jonnythan.com/log/log page.doc

This is what I use.. go to Wal Mart, you can pick up a nice 3-ring 5.5x8.5" binder for less than $20, then print these out.. I do two sided, but you can leave the back blank for notes and whatnot.

If you actually use these, I'd love to know :wink:

Here is what I've been using.

I make no claims that it will print correctly. I'm using officeXP, and once the doc is open, click "File", then "Page Setup" and make sure it says "2 Pages per Sheet" under the multiple pages option. Oh yea... landscape mode when you print.

I know older versions might not handle this correctly.

If it works..you should get 2 side by side logsheets... I print on the back too, and then cut the pages in half...punch holes, and stick 'em in the binder.

I've found some heavier, coated paper, and that makes for better pages than regular paper... doesn't tear easily, etc.

PM me your email and I'll send it to you.

I started creating an HTML template to have an online logbook, but I kinda lost interest. It's old, but feel free to check it out
Spectre's Logbook Template.

If I was to go back to it, I'd kill the dive specifics section and replace it with Surface interval, Bottom time, depth, average depth, ascent time. I'd add PSI Inter, Work SAC, Rest SAC, and gas mix.

probably more... I'd have to peek at my log and think....

I will definitely build on one of these tamplates. All by the way are great.

We might build a database with some pages and other usable stuff we can gather and put it either here or on one of our private websites.

Ari :)

http://linux.immersions.com/idl/

Internet Dive Log (IDL) is the first and last web enabled scuba diving application that you will ever need to use. The program was designed by divers and will continue to be enhanced by your requests. Updates will occur over the Internet very smoothly and easily. There is virtually nothing you need to do to keep up on the latest version of the software.

IDL also offers you the ability to share your data with your dive buddies and others interested in diving. Likewise you will be able to search for the latest data on your favorite dive sites, and make informed decisions before booking your next trip to a new dive location.

IDL is a complete scuba diving reference tool. Not only does it keep track of every detail of your dives, it also will keep track of travel, dive resorts, dive shops and photos of your trip. What, you don’t have a camera? No problem. Chances are someone you dove with does, and they took incredible pictures that they will now be able to share with you over the web.

IDL also interfaces with downloadable dive computers. This feature will make adding your dive data much simpler. All you need to do is plug your dive computer into your PC and your dive will be created for you. Then you can fill in the fun details of your dive, without having to remember all of those boring numbers.

Dive computers currently supported:

Citizen HyperAqualand ; Suunto Spyder ; Suunto Vyper ; Suunto Cobra ; Suunto Stinger; Aqua Lung Matrix Master

Many dive resorts and dive shops now also have computers connected to the Internet. You can use the computer at their location to enter in your dive data, and when you get home all of your data will be there. You may want to check with them first to make sure that they do have a computer for access and they are running IDL.

Left your logbook at home or lost your luggage with your logbook? No problem. With IDL, the dive shop you are diving with can check your records from anywhere and you won’t miss a dive. IDL is truly outstanding SCUBA software.

I was one of the first beta testers and am proud to say several of my ideas and suggestions were used. The program is everything rstone says it is and more.

What if you've spent hours....days....entering all you data into a computer program/spread sheet, whatever, and your computer crashes? Poof...there goes your records. Not with IDL! Just reinstall the program and download your dives from their website. All is restored.

Well worth the money per year IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom