Dive logs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NC Kelly

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anyone know of a dive log that I can download for use? I use a small notebook computer when I travel and thought it would be better than the paper log books.

I'm sure there are some around, but I use an Excel spreadsheet to log everything. Simple, compact, and can always be imported into something more exotic later on.

Used to use Diverecord.com...but I am switching over to an iPad app for my log. Diverecord is internet based, but you can print it out pretty well. Or like Kilili said, just use a spreadsheet.

I would personally use a spreadsheet so I could customize it the way I like it and add extra catagories in if I wanted to

If it's just the data that's being kept, I'd say go for a spreadsheet too. Don't know if it's still around but I think Open Office was free, had a spreadsheet tool and could be exported to other programs.

Personally, I'm a paper log guy. I just like being able to go back and read all the notes I scribble in the nooks and crannies, and if I couldn't doodle in the blank spaces (i.e. just filling data into a slick looking computer log), it just wouldn't feel the same.

I use Diving Log. It can import dives from the Oceanic software that I use (among other manufacturers). It syncs with an iphone/ipad version of the software too.

Oceanic has a divelog ( Oceanlog 2.x which you can download at Oceanic Worldwide - Owner Services - Software ) which is made for their computers to download to but, dives can be entered manually. It can track a huge amount of data including notes and pictures. It can print out a dive log for you to carry.

Oh yeah, its free.

Bob
-------------------------------------------
I may be old but I’m not dead yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom