Dive Manager not showing temp profile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adgie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just purchased the USB cable for my Suunto Cobra and downloaded all my dives. I noticed that the temperature profile was a constant 32F for all dives. It does register the max depth temperature and the surface temperature correctly for each dive in the summary section. And I know that while I'm diving, the temperature is reading correctly.

What is your experience with temp for DM2.1.5 and the Cobra?

Thanks in Advance,
Adrian

I was pretty mad this evening after downloading my data.

I have both a Vyper and Cobra. I like them both but after paying $100.00 for a cable and software I expect more.

The software is full of bugs and locked up my 1-year-old laptop twice.

Windows Me is more stable :wink:

Unreal, I just logged on to ask the very same question. Why does the software show the temp in the guage interface and have an option for temp if its not going to record it?

joe rock:
Unreal, I just logged on to ask the very same question. Why does the software show the temp in the guage interface and have an option for temp if its not going to record it?

My guess is that they could/may record it but given the time delay of the temperature sensor, the use of real-time logging of this data may be questionable.

Its too bad because for analysis, I'd like to correlate my air consumption with temperature. One solution is to normalize each dive with the Max-depth temperature.

Another thing I'd like to do is to track thermoclines in a favorite dive spot. Solution here...just make a bookmark during the dive and fill in the log later with "thermocline".

-Adrian

This isn't really a reply about Suunto computers, but man was I dissapointed when I downloaded the info from my Dive-Rite Nitek Duo. All it did was record my profile.

At least my sherwood tracked my profile, temperature, ascent rate, nitrogen loading, o2 loading and deco time.

your using D9 software.. it seams like everything but the temp comes out ok on it.. if you upload it using the older software.. you can get it from the website then save and open it on the new version it should work, well my friend got it to show the right temp.. but the d9 software is the only one i can get it to upload on.

Can you clarify what you mean please? all three of the suunto computers we own have been used previously in older dive manager software. It was only a couple of months ago that I looked at the new version and imported the older logs. I don't see a difference in how the temperature is displayed. Both versions only display Temp at max depth, and Temp at end of dive in the same way. The only difference I see is in the start of dive temp where the older version displays air temp and the newer version displays temp at start of dive and doesn't distinguish between air or water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom