Dive Okinawa in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kurtisenbecker

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone. Going to Okinawa for the first time and will be there from April 3-10. Any advice as to what dives sites are great, what dive shop to use, great places on land, etc... would be greatly appreciated. I get cold easy so how heavy of a wet suit should I wear? I also like to dive wrecks, any WWII stuff to see?

Thanks

Thanks Tony, I will do that. It can be tough to pick a dive shop just from reviews, etc... I appreciate the connection.

On the main island, there are two established dive shops: Reef encounters and Pirhana divers...
Best dives are daytrips to the Kerama islands...
I have mostly only had experience with diveshops on the other islands like Zamami and Ishigaki. Using a 5mm is the norm and if you get cold easily with a hood in addition!

Safe diving!

Hello Kurtisenbecker, Did you go on your trip to Okinawa? I am going there for my first time in June. Just curious on who you ended up diving with and how everything went. If you have time could you post a quick review here or send me a PM. Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom