Dive on the Oriskany 12/30/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BillT5

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I did my first two dives on the "O" on 12/30/08. I got REALLY lucky and was able to get a spot on the Colusa IV with Capt Dalton through MBT Divers. This is a 26' "six pack". :D Capt Dalton did a fine job of getting us out there, the boat rode very well, even when we did hit a few swells. He had water, a few sodas and a light lunch for us. I am looking forward to being able to go out with Capt Dalton again soon. The dive was Great on the "O", we nt down to the superstructure, 1st dive was 27 minutes to 104 fsw, 2nd dive was 26 minutes to 128 fsw. Saw the usual critters, vis was 75' or so, temp was 68 degrees, very comfortable in my 5 mill and hood. :shocked2: AND the best part, I didn't get seasick at all!!!! When we tied up to the bouy, boats usually start rolling and dipping, this boat handled the swells very well when tied up and it didn't bother me at all!

The "O" is definitely an awesome dive. I had never heard of the Colusa IV before seeing your post (I live here in P-Cola). I did some research and the charter op is called Due South Custom Charters Due South Custom Charters

I thought the same thing Walter. I went to the link you provided and could not find a picture of their boat anywhere on the website. That is odd...or did I just miss it??

The "O" is definitely an awesome dive. I had never heard of the Colusa IV before seeing your post (I live here in P-Cola). I did some research and the charter op is called Due South Custom Charters Due South Custom Charters

Hadn't heard of that one either, but I went to their picture gallery and saw a spearfishing picture with BRANDY on it, LOL.

Dalton has been running in Pensacola for a couple of years. He's been steadily growing his business and he's doing very well. Nice boat and a great Capt. He's working on an upgrade to his website with pics to come soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom