Dive op for the vandenberg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah... :shakehead:

I restrained myself from posting in that thread when I first saw him post it just to save myself some frustration.

Ooooh that's steep! No reason for it when Subtropic and Captains Corner are running so cheaply! I guess when people ask, we steer them in the right direction what else can ya do :idk:

Ooooh that's steep! No reason for it when Subtropic and Captains Corner are running so cheaply! I guess when people ask, we steer them in the right direction what else can ya do :idk:

well they get "sucker trips" from people signing up from sales booths on Duval.

Key West in my opinion is kinda slime pit. I really don't get excited about going there. Last two times I was there, I thought about not even getting off the boat.

I'll go back to dive the Vandenberg though.... but that's the only good reason to go.

Those kiosks are dangerous!

Yeah, I agree. I was there over Fantasy Fest (Stayed in Marathon THANK GOD!) and it was a Mongolian cluster ____!

We only went down twice...first so I could dive the Vandenberg, and my wife could to to Fort Zach to hang with a friend that lives there (then eat at the Conch farm) And we went back to visit the same friend and take him to dinner at Braza Lena (the Brazilian Steak house on Caroline st.). We walked up a block to Duval and saw some old wrinkly dude in fishnet shorts and decided that was enough! hahaha!

I usually like to just go and wander one night of the trip...but it was just too crazy this time.

We are a New dive center located on Stock Island @ Hurricane Hole Marina. Happy to help if needed. We have 2 trips running daily, and charge $69 for a 2 dive trip (if you book direct with us). Equipment is additional: 2 AL 80's with air -$10, BCD and Reg - $20. We do have a limited # of doubles (5) and also a couple Steel 130's. All for use on our boat only. In addition, we have Nitrox and Trimix. our booster allows us to fill just about any tank you bring us.
Let me know if we can assist any of you in your diving endeavors here in the lower Keys.

yep.. that's him.

most of the dive operators just cater to the 'vacation diver' who doesn't know any better. They don't want but one tank to rent. they don't want the hassles. :shakehead:

They also don't want you "extending your bottom time" with say a HP119 making go over the 4 hours they allotted for your trip. I've had dive operators before for example tell us that we had to be "back on board by 11am" (or in 40 minutes) so they could leave on time. :shakehead:

Yet some of the same dive operators have no problems jacking up their trip price for a Vandenberg dive, even when it's the same time length and distance run to the sites they dove before they sunk the Vandenberg. :shakehead:

But I agree with you that something like a HP100 with a convertible valve would be great for shops to have. They just don't want to go to the extra expense and hassle I think. oh well.

Hey! I'm not a "him!" ;-)

Oh and just a reminder- if you call us (Subtropic) to book a dive, mention that you found me on Scubaboard and we'll give you 20% off! :banana:

:rofl3:

ha.... In Key West, you can never tell for sure! :rofl3:

Well, I happen to know the Sweetwaterhag, and she sure ain't a him.

LOL! Very true about never knowing in Key West-
aw thanks Wookie! Glad to know people don't confuse me for a guy.... ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom