Dive OP on Moorea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I will be on Moorea in a couple of weeks and have no idea who I might like to dive with. I have seen very few reviews about that area but one person did speak highly of Bathys. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I will be on Boorea in a couple of weeks and have no idea who I might like to dive with. I have seen very few reviews about that area but one person did speak highly of Bathys. Any help would be appreciated.

Is that a typo and should have been Moorea??

I just returned from Moorea, Raiatea, and Bora Bora. Honestly, the coral was 90% dead in many areas from Crown of Thorns population in runaway status... very sad.

I dove with Top Dive in Moorea who I didn't care for and I dove with Blue Nui in Bora Bora and they were excellent.

Yes Moorea, thanks. Thank you for the heads up about Top Dive I will stay away. I have heard about the Crown of Thorns problem and hoped it was better but I am sure diving there beats my local lake. Do you remember the names of the better sites?

Thank you. I will post a review when I return, I will be there a week and plan on 8 dives.

Please post a review. We will be on Moorea in July/Aug and we where hoping to use the dive op at the intercontinental (Bathys). We would love to hear what dives you have done.

I was on Moorea in October and dove with Top Dive and did NOT enjoy the experience with them. It was not a "diving thing" -- I had a run in with the In/DMs due to their attitude which I found to be quite dismissive and, to a certain extent, unsafe.

OTOH, I also dove with the Top Dive op on Tahiti and had a wonderful experience and would highly recommend them. As I understand it, each Top Dive is run on its own.

BTW, if you can, go do a dive on Tahiti and ask them to NOT take you on a shark dive but, to the contrary, a wall dive and a plane/wreck dive. Top Dive did do this for us and the whole crown of thorns issue was moot -- the wall was fascinating and the wrecks were fun.

We did a Princess cruise in 2007 and dove with Bathys Scuba from the Interconinental on our shore excursion there. They ran a great operation ... new (that summer) boats and equipment and good staff.
Cheers,
Norman H.

I will be diving with Bathys and because of a couple of other comments requested not to be put on a shark dive which I am not really interested in anyway.
Thanks everyone for the advise. I am not a photographer but do take pictures and will post a report and a few pictures (don't expect much) when I return.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom