Dive Operators in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

makubex01

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey, I am planning to dive in Cozumel and I have no idea where I should dive and can anyone suggest any good dive operators there? Thanks.

Where are you staying? There are several very good operators down there.

There are about 100 shops to choose from. Most people will tell you that their dive operator of choice is the one you should dive with. That's only going to be the case if you are looking for the same things that they are.

In Cozumel there are big boats and small fast boats. Dive ops that provide the basics - a ride to the dive site and a DM in the water with the group, to those who provide lots of extras - water, soft drinks, towels, fruit, snacks, beach SIs, gear storage, etc. Prices for a 2-tank dive trip will range from about $50 to about $100.

Just about everyone will pick up divers at all the hotel piers south of town and several will pick up at the pier in town. Where you stay shouldn't be a deciding factor on who you dive with.

Once you decide on what you want and how much you're comfortable spending, then you can narrow down your choices of dive operator from the 100 or so to the few that will give you what you want.

Are you diving on a cruise or staying in Coz?

Just got back from our first trip and have no reason to try anyone other than Blue Angel.

I like www.bottomtimedivers.net Raul is great as a divemaster has a small fast boat water, soft drinks, towels, fruit, snacks, beach SIs, gear storage, rain gear. I have suggested him to many divers due to his way of doing things. Underwater he takes his time and finds all kinds of little critters that others just swim right over. By going slow you are more relaxed and conserve air. Long bottom times are the result. The longer your down the more you see.

Lou

I have been diving with Dive Paradise for over 10 yrs. They offer big and small boats and pick up from most hotels south of Barracuda Hotel. They have excelent dive masters.

I just got back from Cozumel and dove with http://www.livingunderwater.com and would definitly have to recommend them. They use a fast boat and can usually get you in the water before any other divers get there. They also have steel 120's available, so you can get some long bottom times.

When I go back, I plan on using them again.

makubex01:
Hey, I am planning to dive in Cozumel and I have no idea where I should dive and can anyone suggest any good dive operators there? Thanks.

You'll likely get as many different answers as you get responses, mostly cheerleading. What kind of experience are you looking for? A big slow boat with a head and opportunities to socialize or small fast one with a small group? One that caters to advanced divers or newbies? Do you care if the op keeps your gear every day and returns it to you rinsed and dried? Do you want snacks between dives or is water enough? Do you want to have your SIT at a beach club with waiters and refreshments, or is a deserted pier fine with you? Do you need large tanks, or can you get an hour out of an AL80? Do you want to be the first one out at the site, or would you rather sleep in?

Different combinations of all the above, and more, are available. There is no "best" dive op for everyone, and that's a good thing.

As to where you dive, it's all good. Make sure whichever op you go with has true and accurate info on your experience and skills level, and then go where they recommend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom