Dive Operators on North side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For visitors to Grand Cayman with similar questions and requirements, I would consider looking into Cayman 6 Pack Divers (training arm is Cayman Diving School) Cayman 6 Pack Divers - Cayman Islands Scuba Diving Renee Knight and her colleagues do a great job and are quite flexible. I've used them 4 times since 2004 and have had uniformly fantastic experiences. They have 2 boats that take a maximum of 6 divers each, offer DPV dives and nitrox. Feel free to PM me is you have questions.

Drew Sailbum's concise description of Grand Cayman diving, above, is right on.

Good diving, Craig

With a very few exceptions there is only one mooring ball on most sites. It is somewhat unusual to encounter divers from other boats underwater.

The sites which get the most diver traffic are, however, shore diving sites with on site dive operators. The reef at some of these sites has been more affected than others. Generally the shallows are more affected than the deep wall.

I don't know who was moored to which ball, but I often - maybe usually is a better word - encountered other groups diving around the exact spots I was. Also don't know WHERE divers sleep, either in a hotel or on a cruise ship, but when a ship was in the harbor, there seemed to be a greater number of divers with severe buoyancy problems. They "fall" onto other divers by dropping too fast, and fly up into other divers by inflating their BC's too much too suddenly.

So - be aware of yourself, your buddy, your group, and your environment. Think ahead. The best "rescue" is the problem which was avoided altogether.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom