Dive Palancar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did a single tank dive with Dive Palancar last week. We dove San Clemente from the Sabor. I think the cost was 34 USD. We will probably do it again next time we go.

Ok, I guess I should add this.
My wife was doing a discovery scuba course, I and our friends are certified so we asked if we could accompany her when she did her first dive on San Clemente. No problem. There were a few problems on the boat, things like the other newbie diver having their gear spread all over and none of the crew asking/helping them move it. I finally just handed to the newbs. One of my friends is a big feller and has bad knees. The seats were all covered with gear (newbs again) so he sat on the floor (yeah, he should have moved some more of the crap scattered everywhere) Trying to get up he really hurt his knee but none of the crew moved to help at all.
So, we three certified divers are kinda on our own. We just floated along with everyone else and all was well except toward the end of the dive. Everyone except me, one of my friends and one of the dive masters had gone back aboard the boat. Then the DM flashed us something like 1000lbs and up sign and left! It was now me and my friend floating along by ourselves! After a few minutes of trying to figure out what to do we said the hell with it and ascended.
Didn't really bother me much but it was a bit weird.

Does Dive Palancar limit your bottom time?

Also, do they have flexibility in dive sites or do they have a set schedule?

Thanks.

When we dove with them there really wasn't a set schedule of sites to visit but the bottom times were all limited to 45 minutes max. I would not dive with them again because of that, I didn't like paying for a trip where I was more than once back on the boat with more than 1300 in my tank.

No issues with having another op pick you up there. Bigger boats will use the pier, smaller ones use the beach on the south side of the pier, and no fees that I know of since my stay in 09.

Excuse me -- pier? :huh:

occidental grand resort playacar cancun - Google Maps

Are you sure you are not confusing the Occidental Grand Playacar with the Occidental Grand Cozumel? The Grand Cozumel has a pier.

When we dove with them there really wasn't a set schedule of sites to visit but the bottom times were all limited to 45 minutes max. I would not dive with them again because of that, I didn't like paying for a trip where I was more than once back on the boat with more than 1300 in my tank.

Thanks for confirming that. I had read that in another post but wasn't sure if that was still their policy. In my case I don't think it will matter because it will be my buddy's first SW dive so their air consumption would probably be a limiting factor anyway.

Okay, got it - Dive Palancar is also at the Occidental Grand in Cozumel as well as the Occidental Grand in Playacar . . . .

No piers on the mainland side . . . I thought the OP was diving out of Playacar. . . .

:) Sorry . . .

I dove with Dive Palancar out of the Allegro Cozumel . . . we went down to the Grand to pick people up. They treated us very well.

Be aware that they have some deep areas with swim-throughs that I found boring. Very deep way to waste gas -- 100' in a tunnel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom