Dive Philippines Tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another big plus the Philippines has over the Caribbean...NO SAND FLIES !!!
Everything Jag is said is sort of true. He's a bit prejudiced though. :D
As far as women though...for just raw beauty...dude, Costa Rica and Colombia are hard to beat. hooolllly sh...well, you know what I mean.
ok... i'll give you that...

@jigo: thanks... must head off to gerry's now...

Jag

what's the surface temp there? :mooner:

Jag

Doh! Well I'm planning my trip your way from March 7-29th to Apo Island and probably Malapascua since the threshers were so good to me last fall. Not sure if I'll have a job when I get back, but life is short and I'd rather get another nice scuba diving trip in than save the vacation time and $ for unemployment.:D

Now let me see, pretty women, no thongs, no sand flies, excellent diving, interesting food, local brands of moonshine & paint remover, and chip wears funny speedos.

Got it.

Just get a adaptor for 50/100 peso that bypass the ground pin ... you will be fine whit north american electronics

If ur in cebu , u can dive in cebu in mactan hilton neigbourhood , or i like malapascua and there also Moalboal that ight be closer

check for PPD Philippines Main Dive Map

be carefully with just adding an adapter as if you dont have a transformer you will blow your 110v US stuff up

Philippines; more than 2,000 spc. of fish, more than 490 spc. coral
Carribean; 750 spc. fish, 75 spc. coral

I'll let you decide which is better.
Try Balicasag Is. ( a short boat ride from Panglao) dive the Black Forest, ( black coral) you can use your surface intervals to see the Chocolate Hills, Tarsiers. Many topside activities in Bohol.
If you dive Cebu. try the nearby nature sanctuaries, and see the spot the Magellan was killed, there's a nice market nearby.
You have to watch your bank account! It won't drain as fast as in the Carribean, and you'll have a better time. :D:D:D

WARNING: DIVING IN THE PHILIPPINES IS THE MOST ADDICTIVE FORM OF DIVING!!!

be carefully with just adding an adapter as if you dont have a transformer you will blow your 110v US stuff up

Most of your battery chargers for strobes and camera are dual voltage (110 US and 220-240 elsewhere) so you probably won't need an adapter for those. I've been fine without for my canon camera and rechargable batteries. Make sure the adapter works for as long as you need it for whatever other electrical gear you might have. I got one adapter that could only be used for about 2 hours before it overheats.

Back
Top Bottom