Dive Referral for Cairns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

petermichelle

Sporadic Member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi -- we are travelling to Australia in a month's time and we're looking for dive center recommendations. We will be staying near Brisbane (Mudjimba Beach) for a week and another week near Cairns. We've finished our PADI recently and so we're a bit nervous on our first open water dives and would like your suggestions as to reputable dive centers.

Thanks,
M&P

petermichelle:
Hi -- we are travelling to Australia in a month's time and we're looking for dive center recommendations. We will be staying near Brisbane (Mudjimba Beach) for a week and another week near Cairns. We've finished our PADI recently and so we're a bit nervous on our first open water dives and would like your suggestions as to reputable dive centers.

Thanks,
M&P

M & P

Firstly, dont be nervous..... diving in Cairns is all about fun. Good Visability, lots of colour, and warm water always enable for good fun diving. Have a look at my photo gallery and you will see Tusa and Quiksmart. Tusa only carry 29 people a trip and only charge $10 for a guide if your a little bit worried. Quiksmart will pick up and drop off from your accommodation because the trip is out of port Douglas.

Liveaboards are great. 5 day dives and 1 night dive over a 2 day / 1 night trip.

Give me a yell if you would like costings or have any further questions.

Regards Andrew from Experience Cairns Information Centre

Hi Andrew, we can't find Quiksmart on the web. Do have a website address for them? Thanks again,
M&P

Andrew Jones:
M & P

Firstly, dont be nervous..... diving in Cairns is all about fun. Good Visability, lots of colour, and warm water always enable for good fun diving. Have a look at my photo gallery and you will see Tusa and Quiksmart. Tusa only carry 29 people a trip and only charge $10 for a guide if your a little bit worried. Quiksmart will pick up and drop off from your accommodation because the trip is out of port Douglas.

Liveaboards are great. 5 day dives and 1 night dive over a 2 day / 1 night trip.

Give me a yell if you would like costings or have any further questions.

Regards Andrew from Experience Cairns Information Centre

Hi -- has anyone had any experience with Cairns Dive Centre or Coral Sea Dreaming? We have finished our pool dives and classroom and we're looking to complete the open water certification while traveling in Australia. All suggestions welcome. We are thinking about the Cairns Dive Centre 2 day/1 night trip. But Coral Sea, with only 10 passengers sounds nice too.

P&M

:sunny Hello There Peter & Michelle,
I would like to Welcome you to Scuba Board –One of the most informative and dedicated boards on the net. You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers to your questions regarding scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and Safe Diving

-Matt- :palmtree:

Click here to greet a new member!
:thumb:
No experience needed and it feels great!

When I was in Cairns a few years ago, I dove with Deep Sea Divers Den and found them to be a good outfit. The instructor even recognized that my LAC c-card was museum quality (when most DM's and instructors where I've traveled don't even realize LAC preceeded and gave birth to PADI, NAUI and the like).

Dr. Bill

Back
Top Bottom