Dive Report - Breakwater Grand Circuit - 26 Oct 08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_ca

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We arrived at the Breakwater to some dreary conditions.... overcast skies and waves stirring things up...

The dive plan was to do the Grand Circuit... It's been a while since we've done this. It's a really fun scooter dive and with a solid team like this loads of fun.

0014.jpg

0021.jpg

0032.jpg

005.jpg

We had a team of 2 Sierra's and 2 new Cuda's..... Nils and James brought out their toys and we ohhh'ed and ahhhh'ed at the differenced between the two scooters.

010.jpg

The difference in the motors were immediately obvious

0081.jpg

013.jpg

It was funny how we make jokes comparing the scooters to addictive drugs... and then this picture... Just plain wrong! (I think James was trying to make nickel bags of scooter crack!)

018.jpg

When it was obvious that we were having wayyyy to much fun in the parking lot we decided it was time to dive

0211.jpg

Last edited:
(con't)

But before the Cuda's could hit the water the ritual baptism to test out the weighting...

023.jpg

025.jpg

With the dousing complete we staged the scoots and waded in.

028.jpg

We scooted out to the wall and then out to the barge.... conditions were not great but not that bad....

043.jpg

047.jpg

Say Hello to Mr Cabezon

048.jpg

On the leg back from the Met Fields to the wall we ran into the "Cannon" landmark and the Geocache

055.jpg

We hit the sand slope and meandered back to the wall.... it was quite nice and clear in the shallows....

A great day of diving even in not too nice conditions....

(Non Mo-Cal folks) for bonus points: Guess where lunch was?

062.jpg

061.jpg

The rest of the pictures are here....

Great report and pics Ben! I thought I saw you in the parking lot Sun. We did our first dive at the Metridiums and I ran across the same nudis.
IMG_2705_copy.jpg

I met up with your buddy coming out along the wall when we entered. After looking at your other pics in DiveMatrix I know why this guy looked so tramatized when we found him. He was really tense and ready for a fight. :wink:
IMG_2756_copy2.jpg

Lol Mich,
I saw your pictures after i posted my report here and was thinking "what are the chances that that's the same 2 nudis?" I didn't even think about Mr Crab being so...Crabby!

Were you there with a class? There were quite a few classes despite the cruddy conditions...

Also we ran into a couple in BP&W's and doing skills in the shallows... They looked familiar but kinda hard to tell with hoods on.

Lol Mich,
I saw your pictures after i posted my report here and was thinking "what are the chances that that's the same 2 nudis?" I didn't even think about Mr Crab being so...Crabby!

Were you there with a class? There were quite a few classes despite the cruddy conditions...

Also we ran into a couple in BP&W's and doing skills in the shallows... They looked familiar but kinda hard to tell with hoods on.

They look like the same ones to me. Did you take that shot at the Metridiums? I was wondering why the crab was so defensive as soon as we approached. It makes sense if it was just harrassed by your buddy. :wink:

No, I wasn't with a class. Just diving with my buddy Robin.

The Crab was at the fields... right next to the rocks where we found Abbot and Costello...

The Cab was also right on top of the same rockpile...

I tend to just whip out the camera when we do our pauses... the vis was kinda hit or miss... did you notice a bunch of clams (I think) spawning? Big puffs of "stuff" clouding up the water

Last edited:
The Crab was at the fields... right next to the rocks where we found Abbot and Costello...

The Cab was also right on top of the same rockpile...

I tend to just whip out the camera when we do out pauses... the vis was kinda hit or miss... did you notice a bunch of clams (I think) spawning? Big puffs of "stuff" clouding up the water

I guess it was a different crab...we saw this one along the wall.

Yes, we saw the "stuff" everywhere. First we were swimming through slimy kelp and foam, then we were swimming through clouds of worm (i think) ahhh...stuff. :shocked2: I had to get a shot of it.
IMG_2760_copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom